Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an 03 Mitsubishi eclipse automatic. It recently has

Customer Question

I have an 03 Mitsubishi eclipse automatic. It recently has been having a horrible shake in idol and in first gear. After switching to 2 and other gears it is smooth sailing. Would it be a timing belt issue or a vacuum hose issue?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

A engine timing issue should effect the engine at all rpms, speeds, and gears. Are there any trouble codes stored? Currently I think you need to check the engine and trans mounts to see if any are failing with the current info you have me.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.