Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

2003 mitsubishi outlander fuel reset??? AAA came out because

Customer Question
Customer: 2003 mitsubishi outlander fuel...
Customer: 2003 mitsubishi outlander fuel reset??? AAA came out because I thought it was my batterie, but he tested battery, starter, etc. and said it sounds like I'm not getting fuel. My mom's neighbor called me and said reset the fuel relay. Not finding it on google. Is there one?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This just started. It started fine on Friday and yesterday I tried to start it and it didn't it just keeps turning over like it is going to start, but never does All lights radio etc. work it just won't turn over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/20/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

There is not any type of reset switch for the fuel system for this vehicle. There is a fuel pump relay, but no switch on it. It either works or it doesnt.

The possible causes for no fuel are:

failed fuel pump

failed fuel pump relays

faulty ecm

immobilizer system fault

short in wiring harness

no injector pulse signal

I have attached of diagram of the location of the 2 fuel pump relays. You can try swapping them out with others to see if it starts. If does, replace relays. If it doesnt, then fuel pressure, injector signal and ecm require testing

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager