Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

I have a 2006 outlander. The engine light came on and the

Customer Question
I have a 2006 outlander...
I have a 2006 outlander. The engine light came on and the car would only go 10 mph. The code it was showing was for the throttle position sensor. Special ordered one put it on but the car still doing the same thing... any suggestions as to what the issue is
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
12/19/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

Do you recall the exact code number that was set? There are codes for throttle position sensor that mean the pedal sensor and others that mean the actual throttle body (most common).

The body and censor is one part.. the whole thing has been replaced

So the throttle body assembly was replaced with a new unit? Again can you get the exact code numbers so I can get an idea of what the computer is seeing?

it was replaced.... however my husband does not recall the exact code...

Thanks.

My concern with the code is there can be issues with the throttle sensor on the throttle body (like you replaced), with the pedal throttle sensor mounted behind the head light, or with the computer itself.... there isn't much else to the system except wiring, and the code will give us a better idea of what the computer is seeing as a problem.

This was a brand new throttle body that was installed or a used one?

It was brand new.. order it from the dealership

Thanks.

Short of knowing the exact code that is set, you are pretty much going to be down to replacing the pedal sensor (APP) on the fender behind the head light and replacing the computer. Unless there is something going on with the wiring/fuses (rodent damage, water damage), those are the only other components that would cause a throttle related fault.

Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician