Mike V.
Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models. Nissan and Subaru factory trained.
2921078

Ok I drove all the way to West cut the car off and then

Customer Question

Ok I drove all the way to West Virginia cut the car off and then started it back up. Drove another 30 minutes and car and cut the car off. I went outside to start it up again but it would not. The car shop said it was the timing belt. I hoping that's all it is because the gentleman said because the car did not stop on me that it is all. Do you think I will have a valve problem also?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Normally if the timing belt fails when you turn the car off, then the car won't restart there is a really good possibility that the valves are not damaged. The only way to be 100% sure is either installing a new timing belt, or performing a leak down test. I have done several timing belts that haven't failed while going down the road with success, so I do agree with the mechanic. Good change the valves are fine.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!