Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

My mitsubishi colt got hot a couple of times...no water in

Customer Question

my mitsubishi colt got hot a couple of times...no water in the oil or vice versa..then it just dont start but almost wants to...spark at the plugs petrol coming through...engine service light is on ?...goes really well till the day it stopped..no bad noises..turns over good...no signs of anything...should i get a mobile diagnostic man to check it ?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Before doing that lets make a quick check of the timing belt.
Pull the oil cap off and have a helper crank the engine while you look inside the oil fill hole. Can you see movement inside the head while cranking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you mean is the over head cam turning...yes it is...
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** one obstacle likely out of the way.
We have spark on all cylinders and fuel reaching the engine, so our next concern would be the compression of the engine.

Are you able to perform a compression test? This involves attaching a compression tester to one spark plug tube at a time and cranking the engine to get a reading.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did...9 bar..8 bar..8bar...7.5 bar...its done 140.00 km's..but not a rattle and goes really well up to now...water leak found (for the overheating...was a hose to the heater exchanger...now rectified...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
140.000 km's
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doug..please leave your answer...I gotta go out...few beers etc...thanks...Terry
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.
The variance from 9 to 7.5 bar is a bit off putting... that's pretty far outside acceptable variance, however it should not prevent the engine from running.

When you are back at the vehicle can you check to see if there is actual fuel flow from the injectors? Likewise, can you get an actual fuel pressure reading at the rail just in case we have weak pressure?

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.