Mike V.
Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models. Nissan and Subaru factory trained.
2921078

I am hearing a knocking sound everytime i t a bump or ona

Customer Question

I am hearing a knocking sound everytime i hit a bump or ona bumpy road is this my shocks or bushings what would cause the knocking sound i heari ti in the fron and the back
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It would really be best to have the car inspected locally. The shocks/struts could cause this as well as the sway bar links. It could also be the mounts for the shocks and struts as well. Over the internet it's difficult to be sure. Most commonly a rattle type of noise is caused by the sway bar links, and a bang or clunk is the mount for the strut. You would want to have it inspected locally to be 100% certain in either case so's not to waste money.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!