Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

My eclipse won't turn over its a 2003 it was working fine

Customer Question
Hey my eclipse won't turn...
Hey my eclipse won't turn over its a 2003 it was working fine but I got into it this after noon and now nothing it does nothing when I put the key in and turn it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/15/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Do you have power to anything else? Headlights, radio, etc...

Which engine do you have?

Automatic or manual?

No power to radio it's auto and I believe it's a 2.4 cyndler

No radio, but you do have power to the headlights?

If you do have power to some items, but not all then it's most likely an ignition switch problem. If you have a multi-meter you could check the ignition switch as follows:

---Check the voltages at the ignition switch, the White/Red is battery voltage all the time. In the start position the Black/Red wire should have B+ power.

If you don't have power to anything then it is most likely a battery issue. Make sure your battery is at a good charge level and the connections are tight.

Not sure I had to run out won't be back till around 840 pm est time to check it
Does it make a big difference? If they do or don't?
Can it be just a loose wire after I slammed the hood b4 I got a little turn out of it I'm pretty sure the battery is fine it's fairly new

It's a good possibility that the battery cable being loose is causing the problem. You shouldn't be able to turn the cables by hand. If you can, corrosion is building up inside the terminal and will reduce the voltage flow. I suggest taking the cable off, cleaning it thoroughly and then put it back on tight.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Also, don't forget to give a positive rating (that's how we experts get paid).

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed any additional info. I would appreciate a positive rating if I have been of assistance. Thanks!

I just wanted to see if you need more help. Please don't forget to rate.

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician