Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 mits Lancer ES automatic 2.0 liter I'm having multiple

Customer Question

2005 mits Lancer ES automatic 2.0 liter
I'm having multiple issues since having the mass airflow sensor changed and a fuel induction service.
The day the MAS was changed the vehicle was dying when the RPMs dropped below 1000. The mechanic suggested the MAS and fuel induction because he said it was reading properly. Afterwards the car ran smoothly for about a week then new symptoms started showing including
not wanting to shift properly
occasionally dying in idle
occasionally jerking back and forth
I took it back to the same shop, they then suggested that the IAC needed replaced and that the MAC may not have needed to be changed.
Currently I am having the same issues and the engine is throwing Bank 1 System Too Lean and Multiple Misfires. My current MPG is around 15 as well.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked for vacuum leaks, incorrect fuel pressure, and for the vehicle in need of a tune up?