Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

I need help starting my car after I change the battery. It

Customer Question

Hi I need help starting my car after I change the battery. It won't start the engine or lock or unlock!!! Please help
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.

The only thing to really expect here is that a fuse or fusible link blew out during the battery replacement. If the engine ran fine before and the locks worked etc, it is most likely you had a spike when the battery was hooked up, blowing out fuses or links.
Assuming the new battery is OK of course (And not a used one that may be depleted etc) and nothing was left loose/off after the battery install, I would be going over ALL of the fuses and link both in dash and under hood, but also paying attention to the large link array that is attached to the positive battery terminal. If you pull the red cover up and off you will see a hand full of links on the back of the terminal... these are common to fail if the battery is hooked up negative side first and will cut power to a large portion of the vehicle.