Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

Fuel does not reach motor. 2003 mitsubishi eclipse syder

Customer Question
Fuel does not reach motor...
Fuel does not reach motor. 2003 mitsubishi eclipse syder 2.4l. New fuel pump and 2 new relays. Does that black box behind gas tank use air to push fuel and what is it called
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/15/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
The box behind the tank is part of the vapor system and had nothing to do with the ability to get gas to the engine.
When looking at the fuel pump relays, are they directly next to each other, or do you have a vacant socket in between them?
Next to each other in car on left side corner dash
Thanks.
First let's get the relays in the right sockets. There should be a space between them, the two relays do not go directly next to each other.
//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_i.imgur.com/0EuRqPD.jpg
Once the relays are in the correct position, place your finger tips on both relays them turn the key from off to on... Do you feel one relay click? If yes, turn the key all the way to start... Do you feel the other relay click?
There is only two relays but five slots. First one starts from coner then skip one . They both clicked
Great and great.
Please pull the back seat out and hold your ear to the fuel pump access while a helper cranks the engine. Can you hear the pump run while cranking?
No,but it's new - also if you take hose off and turn key it pumps gas out into floor pan.
Okay, so fuel is reaching the engine then?
Have you unhooked the fuel pressure hose (the one attached to the fuel rail with two 10mm books) and do not have fuel reaching there?
That's the problem hose connect to the pressure regulator does not get fuel to the rail. So no no fuel to motor.
The hose connected to the regulator isn't supposed to have fuel pressure, that is the return hose. The hose that bolts directly to the fuel rail is the one that gets pressurized.
Where s that located
On the end of the fuel rail, drivers side.
Fuel reach motor. The guy fixing car say there is no spark. How do you check and could it be fuel rail. Car was sitting for awhile
Okay, so it sounds like we were trying to fix something that wasn't broken :)
Lets start completely fresh here....
Pull the oil cap off and crank the engine (with a helper) while looking in the oil fill hole... do you see engine rotation inside the head?
If yes, take some starting fluid and shoot it into the intake at the throttle body, then try to start the engine, does it try to start at all (even if just a couple fires)?
with starter guild it did run for a couple of seconds but then stopped. Hasn t start since
Sorry for the delay, I had an unexpected event come up and I am going to be inaccessible for a few hours.
Did anything noteworthy happen prior to this condition forming? For example a computer being replaced, recent wiring repairs/modifications, or a different ignition key being used versus normal?
Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician