Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

We have a lancer ex gt. Its middle east car. Replaced

Customer Question
Hi doug We have a lancer...
Hi doug
We have a lancer ex gt. Its middle east car. Replaced passenger seat. Throw code b223d in etacs and b2206 in ocm mismatch vin. In g scan 2 tool and maxidas show current vin and original vin different.. now we tried resetting it and we failed.. now its says it need weight recalibration. . That fails in 30 kg test . But we havent put weights as the scan tool didnt say that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/1/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
B223D is for the OCM mismatch/malfunction, it is just saying there is a fault in the OCM that is all.
The B2206 is the VIN mismatch... if you get the VIN rewritten correctly you have to do the weight calibration afterward.
I am not clear the VIN rewrite was successful or not, but it is important to note that very few scan tools are successful in this step. I even had a $11000 snap on unit that can't do it correctly, so price isn't always the difference, it is a compatibility issue.
Under normal circumstances, you would re-write the VIN and the code should change to B1BA8 for calibration not set. If it retains the B2206 as VIN mismatch either your scan tool is correctly writing the VIN (or causing other problem in the process), or the OCM is faulty/damaged. It is worth noting that the OCMs are VERY sensitive in these cars, and I have replaced more than a few for failures like this.
If the VIN rewrite is successful then you would get the calibration fault and would need to do a full calibration. This is another instance where the scan tool can make all the difference... many clone scan tools have the visual appearance of the ability to do this, but since they are just running copied software it doesn't always work correctly. Launch in particular is one of the worst of these in that they look like they can do everything (keys and all), but when you actually try to do them, there is no response or inconclusive response and it is unsuccessful. I have not tried the Autel unit for this job, but being another imported clone tool, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same way.
When you run the calibration normally, it will ask you to slide the seat all the way back and run one test, then it will do a zero point calibration test, then a 66lb/30kg test (during which it will compare the weight to a baseline, it does not just "believe" your weight). Then the code will clear.
If you are getting the calibration fault after VIN writing and can not get through the calibration process, then you will need to try another scan tool, preferably a MUT to know you have compatibility. If you are not getting past the VIN mismatch code even after writing the VIN and you know there isn't anything unusual going on (like the rest of the car is VIN'd differently), then scan tool aside you would expect a bad OCM (seat frame assembly).
Now im only getting the calibration error but if i enter ocm ecu info i can still see that there is vin mismatch but it requesting the calibration first.. how about the f car f 5 tool. Is that good one?
Yeah until the vin is written you won't be able to calibrate it anyway.
I am unfamiliar with that tool, but for the most part you are stuck with a MUT scan tool as you're only option. I can not recall seeing anything else that does the vin write portion.
Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician