Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

We are Bob and Beverly. We got the lift gate open using the

Customer Question
Hi. We are Bob and...
Hi. We are Bob and Beverly. We got the lift gate open using the inside release but the glass will not open. What do we try next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
8/1/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Is this an Endeavor we are working on?
What exactly is the issue we are trying to resolve/what we are wanting to do?
2007 endeavor se lift gate will not open without using the emergency latch
The emergency latch release only goes in one direction
The glass will not open so that we can disengage the lock and use the lift gate until a repair can be made.
There should be a second lever in there for the glass, if I recall it is toward the upper right end of the main release (only an inch or so away). Can we take another look in there and make sure we aren't missing it?
I may be able to get a photo if necessary.
Hello. Are you still there? We requested that you call and we have not heard from you.
Bob finally found the right release and got the glass open. He then followed the recommended procedure and disconnected the white connector. The lift gate still does not open.
Thanks anyway. We are calling it a night.
Thanks.
If unhooking the glass connector does not allow the tailgate to operate (with both closed of course), then the glass handle is not the problem.
Please reconnect the glass handle, and remove the trim panel from the tailgate (top arch piece just pops off, the lower main section has screws in the bottom edge then it pops off too.
Then unplug the connector to the tail gate handle, close both the tailgate and glass hatch again, and see if the glass hatch now opens normally.
Doug
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician