Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi Pajero: My 2002 V6 Pajero has been at a mechanics

Customer Question

My 2002 V6 Pajero has been at a mechanics workshop for over 6 was now. Was originally 2 days and now it wont start. They said ecu crashed due to some corrosion and wasn't worth repairing. They obtained another secondhand unit and installed. Still doing same thing. Something to do with immobiliser they said and we're adamit they had done everything correctly. They even had auto electricians, locksmiths and other trades look at it and we're all baffled why it wont start. Can the immobiliser be bypassed? What other options should they be considering? How do I get my car back without it costing me any more? Please help.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
Was the vehicle driven in and now it won't run, or was it towed in as non running? It sounds like the no-start condition formed after its arrival.
Is there an aftermarket immobilizer (extra key or chip under the dash etc), or just the factory immobilizer built into the key)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Towed in, but only because it had no clutch. Was starting as normal prior to being towed.
Factory immobiliser.
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay, there is a problem on our side of the site that is preventing me from accessing certain posts.
When the ecu was replaced, did a dealer do it -or- did they sublet it to a dealer for initialization?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Replaced bout 6 wks ago with second hand unit from the eastern statest somewhere. The mechanic working on my car then installed and initialised it. But the codes kept coming back rejected when they shouldn't be but the car kit coming back rejected when i shouldn't. He even had those other people come in look at it and do the same thing and it was still being rejected and they couldn't understand why and this is still going on today. Why is this happening no tried everything and I still can't get it started
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.
When the ecu was replaced, was the matching immobilizer ecu replaced with it?
Was the immobilizer key registered to the new ecu?