Mike V.
Mike V., Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models. Nissan and Subaru factory trained.
2921078

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: Just wondering how to adjust my

Customer Question

Just wondering how to adjust my park brake on a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.
Thanks
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
HI there,The first step is to adjust the mechanical brakes first. This will prevent over adjusting the parking brake cable. Then if you look through the rubber on the parking brake handle, you can see a lock nut and the adjuster nut. Remove the lock nut, #1 in the diagram and adjust the adjuster #2. You should get about 5 clicks when the cable is adjusted properly.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.