Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Mitsubishi vr-x: I have a 2002 mitsubishi diamante. The turn

Customer Question

I have a 2002 mitsubishi diamante. The turn signals and hazards do not work
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
If neither the turn signals nor the hazards work, it is most probable that there is just a fuse blown out. The two systems have very little in common, and what they do is not too typical to fail.
I would go over ALL of the fuses, both under hood and in dash and make sure no one is popped. If all fuses are intact, then and only then would I consider the flasher assembly suspect. Again these are not typical to fail... it is more likely that one of the flasher fuses has failed or an adjacent fuse has failed causing power to bleed across circuits etc. This is far more common than actual flasher failures.
And again if all fuses definitely are good, then the flasher assembly would be your only likely culprit. The entire system is just power through the flasher, wiring to the bulbs, the switches and ground... and of course it is unlikely that both switches failed at the same time. The flasher is mounted in the center console below the radio and AC. It is about a 1.5" square box with an 8 pin connector (3 pins on top row, 5 pins on bottom riw). It is NOT a standardized flasher, you have to get these from Mitsubishi.