Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mitsubishi Montero LS: Trying to swap transfer case in 2002…

Customer Question
Trying to swap transfer case...
Trying to swap transfer case in 2002 Mitsubishi montero sport .My question is will a 2001 transfer case fit and if not the whole transfer case will the chain which is slipping on my fit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
6/23/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Randall, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, the transfer cases will not interchange, I am not sure exactly what the differences are but the 2000-2001 are the same, and the 2002-2003 are the same but,, the chain, case gasket etc are the same through all the years so,, the chain will work form the 2001 -2001
Randall
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician