Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mitsubishi Outlander: , My car key remote wont close the…

Customer Question
Hi, My car key remote wont...
My car key remote wont close the car it showes key not detected what can i do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
6/16/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Is the problem that the ignition will not turn (in addition to the message)?
no the engine is starting
do you know what can it be? is there anything i can do?
The engine starts, but it gives a key not detected message?
You are using the wireless option to start the engine (not the metal key in the column)?
yes im using the wireless option. i just open the car with my key
Thanks.
So it is picking up the key then if it is allowing it to start wirelessly.... does this message remain on the entire time you are driving?
Where are you placing the key while driving?
I apologize for the delays today, I'm having some connectivity issues at the moment.
the message comes when i want to get out of the car.
when im trying to lock the doors and it wont do that so i can see that there is a picture of the key and standing that key not detected. while driving i have my key placed there where is place for putting some drink if you know what i mean
Oh okay, so it is not occurring while driving.
This sounds like a silly question, but do you know where both keys are? No chance that the second key is inside the car somewhere?
Relating to that... if you don't have your key with you, can you start the car?