Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Repair Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mitsubishi

How to eliminate a noise ticking,very often, from the right side of a SOHC engine compartm

Customer Question
ent, through the area of...
How to eliminate a noise ticking,very often, from the right side of a SOHC engine compartm ent, through the area of drive belt?This noise ocurrs after starting up my 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante,and when I speed up, from 0(mph) to 8(mph) or decelerate between 8(mph) to 0(mph).Then,it disappears beyond that speed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
6/16/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Good morning .

I suggest you do a good engine flush first to clean out the lifters .this is what is ticking
in the engine ,very common issue .

Pour a can of engine flush in the engine oil and start the engine and let idle for 15 minutes
the can may say 5 mins but do 15 and don't rev the engine .

After the 25 mins drain and change the engine oil and filter .

Test drive . and let me know if this works or not for further assistance .

8 our of 10 this will help .then after every 3000 miles do this engine flush again .

I find the best flush is from cyclo engine flush..

Kindest regards Greg
Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician