Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

Doug could etac cause no power

Customer Question

doug could etac cause no power to r front blinker I have checked everything else no broken wires bulb is good blinker blinks very fast inside car but nothing on right front no running lights on r front either
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
On the Galant the ETACS has a single relay for te turn signal each side of the car, shared front/rear. So basically, if the right rear flashes and the right front doesn't the ETACS is -probably- OK, as the only other thing going on there is the wiring inside it to reach the pins, no electronics etc in between to fail.
There wouldn't be any association with the running light either between the two problems.
On the right front combination light can you verify there is good ground on the black wire?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it has ground. I just had pulled out etac went and plugged it in now its workin must have been something not quite connected
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
Could have been just a loose connection then. It wouldn't be the first time, sometimes that long connector on the back that it sandwiches on can just get a little loose.
If you think all is well, I can go ahead and close this ticket for you since I didn't really help :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that sounds great thanks again
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
No problem. I will send in a request to close the question so there will be no charge for it.
If the site took a deposit when you opened the question (typical), your deposit will remain in place and unused on the site should you have another issue in the future, or you can send a request to customer service to refund the deposit if you aren't sure when you would use it again.
Thanks again, have a great night!