Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mitsubishi Gallant LS: We replaced the fuel pump and one fuel…

Customer Question
We replaced the fuel pump...
We replaced the fuel pump and one fuel pump relay vehicle started and ran drove it for about ten miles and then would not restart turns over but will not start.it did start whenever we sprayed starting fluid into the throttle bore. but will not stay running.there were no lights on the dash previously.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
6/5/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Is the key still intact/in one piece? There is a chip inside the key that if damaged/missing will prevent fueling.
yes the key is still intact
Thanks.
To rule out a possible security issue, can you please check to see if you have injector pulse (test light across the two pins of one of the injector connectors while cranking)?
will try that next thank you.
No problem, let me know if you have pulse there or not and we can proceed with the next step based on that result.