Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mitsubishi Eclipse: I have a 2006 eclipse. a few days ago the…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 eclipse...
I have a 2006 eclipse. a few days ago the radio and display lights went out. replaced a fuse and they came back on for two days then out again. I replaced the fuse again and checked all the fuses. still not working. what next?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
5/29/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Is the radio still original or has it been replaced with aftermarket?
Are there any modifications to the interior otherwise (LED lighting, GPS etc)?
No...all factory
Thanks.
When the fuse pops, are you aware of -anything- identifiable that is occurring? Hitting a bump, using a visor, turning the radio up.... anything at all.
No. It was working fine both times. Get in the car the next time and it doesn't come on.
Hmm.... I don't really have much to go on. Generally speaking when this happens we'll see either modification (like an aftermarket radio and the wiring isn't secured properly) or the ability to cause the fuse to blow like by operating a vanity light etc.
Without any obvious areas to look like modified systems and completely random/unattended popping of the fuse, there isn't any really positive direction to go here short of unplugging everything on the circuit and then plugging things in one at a time until the fuse pops again hopefully narrowing it down enough to isolate the issue.
Is there anything else noteworthy about the situation, like any recent water entry or any maintenance/repairs prior to this occurring initially?