Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mitsubishi montero sport xls: my serial number is *****

Customer Question
Hi my serial number is...
Hi my serial number is ***** whar would my code be? Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
5/24/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

For serial number 12054124(f) your unlock code will be

9736

To input the code your radio must display "codE" when turned on. If it displays "oFF" from too many incorrect codes you will need to leave the key on and radio on for about one hour to clear the message. When the display goes blank you can turn it on again and "codE" will be restored.

With "codE" on the display, use preset button 1-4 to input the code. Each time you press a preset the corresponding digit of the code goes up in increments of one, so for your code you would press:
Preset 1 ten times
Preset 2 eight times
Preset 3 four times
Preset 4 seven times
When finished, 9736 should be displayed on the screen. You can now push the unlock button; this varies by radio but is always a program button.... meaning either PROG, CD, AMFM or TAPE. There is no penalty for pushing the wrong one as long as your code is displayed correctly so you can just push each one once. The radio will beep and turn on when it is pressed.

If you need further help, just reply back here.