Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mitsubishi Galant: I have an issue with my 2000 Mitsubishi…

Customer Question
hi I have an issue...
hi I have an issue with my 2000 Mitsubishi galant. ilost my key and was being dumb so I put screw driver and busted it it started once then I shut it off and now wont start security light is not on and I replaced key switch and lock cyl. I read a post about a onetime start I have the number from glove box can I stiil make IT WORK
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
how long will my answer take
5/23/2015
Mitsubishi Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like the issue is still related to the original problem, the lost key. There is a transponder in the key that communicates with a module that has to validate the key for the engine to run. If you're not using a correct, programmed key then the engine isn't going to start.
After replacing the lock cylinder was a key cut and then programmed using a dealer scan tool or by a locksmith?
Mitsubishi Mechanic: css-mod4, JustAnswer Staff replied 3 years ago
css-mod4
css-mod4, JustAnswer Staff
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/mitsubishi/93w0i-mitsubishi-galant-issue-2000-mitsubishi.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Let me know if you need any more help.