Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mitsubishi employed and Factory trained ASE certified technician
21364095

how do you reset the radio when it reads off

Customer Question

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Doug replied 5 years ago.

I can help you with this.

To get the radio out of theft mode ("oFF"), please do the following:

Turn the ignition key to ACC or ON
Turn off all accessories (AC, headlights, etc)
Turn the radio ON (so that the "oFF" message is displayed)
Wait approximately one hour.

Within 45 to 75 minutes, the radio display will go blank. Once this happens, you can turn the radio back on and "codE" will be displayed again.

Things to note! Do NOT touch the radio or the ignition key during the waiting period. If you touch either before the display goes blank, the timer will reset and you will have another hour to wait.
If you are concerned about the battery lasting this long with the key on, you can connect a battery charger during the waiting period, or you can leave the engine running. You can even drive the car around while you wait and it will still work, the only thing is that you can NOT move the ignition key or touch any of the radio buttons until the display goes blank, else the timer will reset and you will have another hour to wait.

If you have any questions, just let me know. If you would like me to verify your code for you I can do that as well, just let me know.