Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

mitsubishi: spark plugs tube, now it wont start..crank. new plugs…

Customer Question
I replace spark plugs in...
I replace spark plugs in 04 mitsubishi galant3.8, which had oil in the spark plugs tube, now it wont start. it will crank. new plugs gap @29, boot are new, get the oil out of the spark plugs tube and no code are founded
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
3/4/2012
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Doug, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 years ago
Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician

If the only thing that was done during the process is the spark plugs being changed, you are going to need to go over your work and look for anything that was skipped over.
Unplugged MAF, intake hose left off, unplugged throttle body, etc.

The oil in the plug tubes is from the tube seals leaking where the valve cover meets the tubes. This is a very common problem, however it will NOT prevent the engine from running. When the spark plugs are removed, the majority of the oil will run down into the cylinders. This will cause a brief stumble and some smoke on start up, but that is it.

If nothing else was done, something was either left unplugged or there is a massive intake leak (not too likely).