Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi repair problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a triton ML 3.5 petrol GLXR 2008 model 4x4 australian…

Customer Question
i own a triton ML...
i own a triton ML 3.5 petrol GLXR 2008 model 4x4 australian model. is there any thing on the market to increase power , with out costing me to much in petrol. please Help.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mitsubishi
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2011
Mitsubishi Mechanic: Engineering Pro, Development Engineer replied 7 years ago
Engineering Pro
Engineering Pro, Development Engineer

Hello

There is no way to increase power without using extra petrol. Your engine is optimized to provide the most efficient use of fuel for a given situation, it also is heavily influenced by emissions performance..

Any aftermarket power increases are almost always done via an aftermarket plug in chip which alters the fuelling, but this is confined to turbo or super charged engines.

The overall effect in a non turbo-charged engine is negligible as there is an upper limit as to the amount of fuel which can be used, because it is limited by the amount of air which can be drawn into the engine.

On a boosted engine, be it turbocharged or supercharged, the air can be forced into the engine allowing a much larger amount of fuel to be used to increase the performance.

These plug in chips always have a downside, be it fuel economy, increased emissions, engine life etc etc...

As yours is a non turbo engine, I would not waste your money on getting a plug in chip as the benefits will only be seen at high throttle situations where they will over fuel.

Whilst the opportunities are limited with your vehicle, the easiest thing to do is to remove as much weight from the vehicle as possible. This will result in the same effect as an increase in power.

If this doesnt help then the next thing is to improve the flow through the engine, this means new hardware. A free flowing exhaust and and inlet manifold however this a fair amount work and cost.

All the best

Jon

what would u recommend if money wasnt an option, do u have any idea,s

It depends what you using the vehicle for... If you want improved towing or hauling performance then I would trade the vehicle for a diesel variant.

Can you expand a little further as to what you want to use it for??

Jon

it just seams when i put my foot down,it seams not to get up and go and feels a bit slugish,all services are up to date. /
I would suggest getting down to the nearest misubishi dealer and test drive the same model to establish whether this is typical of the vehicle or whether its something wrong with your vehicle.
Engineering Pro
Engineering Pro, Development Engineer