Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am retired after 24 years in the Army. I am 100% totally…

Customer Question
I am retired after...

I am retired after 24 years in the Army. I am 100% totally disabled. Is my ex wife entitled to my disability benefits since I waived my retirement pay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Florida and she is in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

N

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am in Florida and she is in Texas

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Military Law
5/30/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. What do you mean

"Is my ex wife entitled to my disability benefits since I waived my retirement pay."

First, are you receiving CRDP or CRSC?

Second what does the decree say about this?