Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Age 24 arrested for I guess larceny of 326.00 from a major…

Customer Question
Age 24 arrested...

Age 24 arrested for I guess larceny of 326.00 from a major store can I get into the military if im convicted

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Statside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Not as yet the arrest just happened this weekend and I was going to see a recruiter this week but if my chances are 0 then no need to go

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Was recently on probabiton for a small amount of marijuana but did communityservie and dealt with that issue

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Military Law
5/30/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 25 days ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

You would require a waiver to enlist.

They are VERY tough to get today.

The largest problem you face is the poor economy. The poor economy has caused a flock of people turning to the military for jobs. Despite the war recruiting is way up in all branches. The need for the services to grant waivers has decreased. For example the Marines recently decreased their maximum age for enlistment. Its tough today to get a waiver.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil