Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

What benefits are lost by General under honorable

Customer Question
What benefits are lost...

What benefits are lost by General under honorable conditions ? Do they have burial benefits ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

He was discharged 45 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Ok, He was discharged 45 years ago with a GUHC.. Does he have Military burial benefits ?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
4/2/2018
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

(The system will automatically generate a phone call request to you which is NOT from me. I will not accept a phone call request and will work through the chat system.)

The main military benefit that is lost is the GI Bill eligibility. For burial rights, yes a General will apply.

There are some other benefits, such as farm loans, defense housing purchases, homestead benefits, civil service preference or credit towards civil retirement that would not be available.

For the most part though, the General discharge grants the same benefits.

Here is a fairly comprehensive list:

http://www.mcasiwakuni.marines.mil/Portals/112/Docs/sja/discharge%20list.pdf

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Please DON’T rate my service until after you have asked any follow up questions that you have, so that I have the best opportunity to earn all 5 stars. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.