Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was almost scammed-i can forward u the letter if u will…

Customer Question
I was almost scammed-i...

I was almost scammed-i can forward u the letter if u will give me ur e-mail-he said he was in army and wanted me to send 5,500.00 then army would send me 8.2 mil dollars. i did talk to him on phone-his # he called from was(###) ###-####he even sent me a W-4 form-i didnt fill out. try to stop him b4 he hurts someone

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in texas-his phone # is from PA- he said he was CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No didnt know how

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He used edward sutter as his name then said it was adam edward sutter

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Military Law
4/1/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

wanted to report a scam that has our army in bad eyes-if u can give me an e-mail address i will send it to u

This is not a law enforcement agency...we provide information. Did you have a specific question?

i cant afford the call

Ok...

this looks like a scam too - u got my 5.00 no more

No...it is not a scam. We provide information...do you have a question?