Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I would just like some info as this is my first time having…

Customer Question
I would just like...

I would just like some info as this is my first time having to look into a military law question. Just yesterday, an incident happened at my house where my husbands friend was going crazy and destroying everything in my house. He was on drugs. The police then searched my house and found a couple of my joints. They told me at first that I would be charged and so would my husband. But after they were all done they told me they weren’t going to press charges but that I’d have to appear in court. Does this mean I will go through a normal court or through the navy military court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And just to clarify, have charges been officially filed?

This is the state of Washington, where weed is legalized but of course I made a huge mistake bringing it on base. They gave me a court violation notice and just marked that I’d have to appear in court. I’m 21 with no record at all so I’m just scared and not knowing what to expect

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Not yet

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/31/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. What is your question regarding this matter?