Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have requested spousal support from my husband and he has…

Customer Question
I have requested spousal...

I have requested spousal support from my husband and he has failed to provide. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Ive only consulted with someone, I have not filed any papers. I’m trying to start the process of divorce but he is stationed in TX, I’m in NC and he won’t give me his new address nor has any contact with me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is supporting the new girlfriend financially that he cheated on me with (I have proof of the infidelity), but won’t give me any sort of support, he told me it was no such thing. That’s pretty much it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/31/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, have you spoken to his commander about this? IF so what was the response? ALSO, what service is he in?

I talked to his SGT, his SGT stated he would speak to the commander for me and so they ended up counseling him but nothing happened. He is in the army.

Thanks
You will want to take a look here:

http://www.carson.army.mil/IG/documents/ar-608-99.pdf

This regulation is the one that tells the Army how much he has to pay you...take a look at chapter 2 and it spells this out. Basically he will have to pay you BAHI-II while you are pending divorce.

You will want to speak to his commander. The Battalion Commander. NOT the Sergeant. Let the commander know what is going on...they will order he pay you support

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.