Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Can I leave the army while I'm still in ait?

Customer Question
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Military Law
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I joined the army and left to basic training January 8th 2018. Although bct was a grueling experience I stuck through it becasue I knew it was the right thing to do. Fast forward, now being in AIT I havent realized how much the army life doesn't fit into my future and what I want in my life. Since ive been in the army I've been incredibly depressed but I'm too private to disclose this info with anyone including my family. I havent acted on this and talk to the chain of command because I'm scared they wont let me go. I just want as much information about this as possible please.
3/31/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 24 days ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can unilaterally leave (just walk away) without recourse?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer