Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

When I was discharged from the navy, my DD 214 had voluntary…

Customer Question
When I was discharged...

When I was discharged from the navy, my DD 214 had voluntary on it. I was past my HYT and unable to stay in regardless, so it should've been involuntary and I was told I'm entitled to a severance package. I tried submitting a form to the board to have it changed and all they did was send me a copy of my original 214. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I am no longer serving

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Military Law
3/30/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 22 days ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. You mention you sent this to a "board"...what "board" are you referring to?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer