Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

The quadro was mentioned in my divorce but neither lawyer…

The quadro was mentioned...

The quadro was mentioned in my divorce but neither lawyer filed it in 2014

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

The divorce was Final in 2014 but neither lawyer filed the quadro that was mentioned for the military retirement pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Virginia

3/28/2018
rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You will need a new lawyer here to prepare and get QDRO signed.It has to be exact here, it is not something you can do yourself.

This is a real sub specialty of law, here are lawyers that can draft this, shop it for price..

https://attorneys.lawinfo.com/qualified-domestic-relations-order/virginia/fairfax/

The sooner you get this on file the sooner you would get paid.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

rayanswers
rayanswers, Military Law Answer Team