Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was hoping to speak to someone regarding potential UCMJ…

I was hoping to...

I was hoping to speak to someone regarding potential UCMJ action in the future

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed?

No, I am currently going through criminal court proceedings. The ADA is willing to drop all criminal charges for an alleged domestic violence incident (which I'm innocent of) but wants me to plead to a disorderly conduct charge, which is a violation/citation in the state where I'm stationed rather than a misdemeanor

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Didn't really go into details except to say that I'm not guilty of the charges. and that they believe me I'm an Officer so I'm worried about a potential GOMOR and Separation Board

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that Division JAG has essentially deferred any decision regarding an investigation until after the criminal proceedings are complete. My civilian court was adjourned until mid April so the consultation is $5?

3/28/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this matter?

is that you

SOrry...dropped the call I am on a cell

roger, do you have my call information?

If you respond here again, I should be able to send the phone call offer for $5

Roger, responding now

I do...lets try this...I am sending this as an answer. IF you accept it, I can call you

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
just accepted
Phone call session started