Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I'm applying to Separate early from my active duty service…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm applying to...

Hello, I'm applying to Separate early from my active duty service and i'm trying to provide justification for misc reason for release

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Overseas My current reason is to avoid Airmen Leadership School and provide the opportunity for someone who intends to further their career in the military seeing as how I don't entend to extend my enlistment or want to promote. i plan to try another avenue of work outside of the military with the Border Patrol

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I have and their reasoning for still sending me is that i currently have retainability after the class ends.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The whole story is,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
I intended to take Leave from work (June 15th - July 10th) to apply for other gov. Jobs and talk to family about housing situations for after my career in the military.
My squadron notified me i was selected for ALS on 23 MAR, and the class is from 21 May - 26 Jun.
I was insistant on not attending since i intend to separate from the military and that it would be better slotted for someone who wants to stay in and further their career. But based on my time left in the military i have enough retainability that i cant avoid ALS.It seems that Early Sep. is my only way out seeing how my leadership wont see around crunching numbers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

I apologize for the confusion but i no longer require your services,Thank you

certainly