Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If a cadet fails his final pt by one pushup, does he have…

Customer Question
If a cadet fails...

If a cadet fails his final pt by one pushup, does he have any recourse. he has been told that he will now have to enlist for two years to "payback " his scolarship. all his marks, scores have been very good. he is in his senior year graduating in may

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside university of arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that immediately comes to mind

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 27 days ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

What do you mean cadet? Is this ROTC? MEPS?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
wrong term. His is in the rotc at university of arkansas fo be a commissioned officer until this happened.

Thanks

Can you provide some more context?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i know he was given warnings on pt but only failed the last

Thanks

Has he requested, to his command, to retake the test? If so what was the response?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer