Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I am in the NJ Army National Guard. I am a full time

Customer Question
employee in a public school...
I am in the NJ Army National Guard. I am a full time employee in a public school district. I am single with no kids and live at home. To make it very simple can you give me any benefits and entitlements that are allowed to me? such as BAH if i am deployed, paid time off from work for example 38A:4-4. I also heard if i am deployed i dont have to pay the rent on my apartment or pay the mortgage if i owned a home?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/26/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. You want to know if you can stop paying rent because you are deployed??

its more of what would you do in my situation sir?

Sorry, you mean regarding paying rent?

i want to know everything im entitled to being in the national guard what benefits do i get, like paid time off, not have to pay rent on my apartment or pay car loan or mortgage payment. You tell me everything you know.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

no ill just take a refund or ask someone else

I wish you the best