Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My son had a positive THC drug test and is in jeopardy of…

My son had a...

My son had a positive THC drug test and is in jeopardy of getting separated from the Navy. He did not smoke weed but was in a situation where others were "hot boxing". Is there anyway for him to fight this and be able to stay in the Navy?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

He gave a written statement last week and is supposed to go to BRB (I think that is what it is called) on Tuesday and ultimately talk to the Captain of the ship on Tuesday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/24/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

can you tell me, where is your son at in the process? Are they sending him to Mast? Or to a court martial?

He is being sent to Mast on Tuesday

Thanks...can you tell me, is he on a ship or is he at a shore command?

He is on a ship but at shore in Norfolk Virginia

Thanks

So he can not refuse mast...did he go through DRB/XOI? IF So did he make a statement?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer