Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I received a payment into my account from DFAS on the 15th…

Customer Question
I received a payment...

I received a payment into my account from DFAS on the 15th of March. It was RET SPLC. I don’t know why I received this money

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I’m not in the military but a former spiuse

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Former spouse

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I receive payments on the first for divorce community property which increased after 15 years back to 1/2 of his retirement pay. Does this Ararat SPCL have anything to do with this increase

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
3/22/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, if you know, is he receiving VA compensation?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he is and just started

Thanks

Just a moment please

RET SPLC is "retroactive special compensation"...seems he is getting compensation, at greater than 50%...this could (depending on the underlying facts) free up money from his pay...which if are entitled to a portion of his retired pay? That means you get a payment

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer