Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Going through pardon process and its been at least 5 years…

Going through pardon process...

Going through pardon process and its been at least 5 years with DOJ office of Pardon Attorney. Convicted of attempted larceny and possession 3 grams of marijuana 1992. BCD and 1 year confinement sentence. Served 9 1/2 months with good time. All rights with the exception of firearms rights are normal. What can be done? I've also petitioned the ABCMR etc. These were misdemeanor charges but they're designated Federal???

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I've been through the ringer and my life story building up to that conviction is not normal. It's very abnormal and highly reasonable that I was under extreme duress etc. when the charges occurred.

Lawyer's Assistant: What can I say?

?

Lawyer's Assistant: What can I say?

What can you say?

Lawyer's Assistant: What can I say?

????

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Germany. Military Court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Please connect me

3/20/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. Where are you in the Pardon process...have you filed?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Pardon has been in for 5 years now. Completed FBI background with personal call from Agent Crouch who spoke to over 30 people who've known me. He said he has never seen anyone get 100% of the people saying nothing but good/great things about me. That check was done in 2013 and I've gotten nowhere since. Maybe a question once to update employment info on application. I want my firearms rights restored because its such a gray area to everyone of my law enforcement friends who know my whole story. (see attachment)
Phone call session started
I land in 90 minutes.

Hey...I accepted the phone call...are you saying you will not be free to speak till 90 mins?

Correct
Did you receive attachment?

I did...I am book up in 90 mins...but free in a couple hours. Can we set a time to speak sometime after that?

Sounds good. What is best time for you before 5PM EST?

How bout 4PM EST? can call you at that time?