Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My ex-husband and I divorced September 18, 2017. He is

Customer Question
Hi, my ex-husband and...

Hi, my ex-husband and I divorced September 18, 2017. He is retired Army. My military card was confiscated on October 23, 2017 and paperwork was submitted via Copeland ID Center to determine 20/20/20 status. I was told it would take 45 days at first. Several months and phone calls later, we are over 120 business days. I have been without healthcare or medication. I get the same response from the Army Project Service Center that it's "still processing". Can you help? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

He retired 2009 from Ft. Knox, KY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We were married 28 years total and he retired at 20 years. He retired out of Ft. Knox, KY while I stayed in Texas. I am certain I will qualify for this 20/20/20 status. Frustrating that it seems to be taking much longer than I've been told.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
3/19/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Can you tell me,

1 . What was the date of marriage (month/year)?

2. What was the day your ex entered service (month/year)?

3. What was the date of his retirement (month/year)

4. Was he a reservist or a active duty soldier?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer