Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My husband is deployed overseas, and I just got the medical…

Customer Question
Hi. My husband is...

Hi. My husband is deployed overseas, and I just got the medical diagnosis of our son. It is Leukemia, and I need to apply for emergency leave for him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Statside.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The leave would be for planning our son's ongoing treatment.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Military Law
3/19/2018
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to read about your son's diagnosis. Can you tell me what your specific legal question is and what you have tried done so far to assist your husband in requesting leave? Also, what branch of Service is he in?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer