Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have signed a contract of 6 years with the Pennsylvania…

Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** have signed a contract of 6 years with the Pennsylvania national guard. I'm a student, I live with my father and I support him. I have to go for basic training and AIT. I'm not interested to go at this period of time mainly due to school because I will have to miss one or more semesters which will lead me to fall behind. I would like to discuss with an attorney my situation to see what could be the consequences for me if I want to quit now and what others possibilities or choices I could have in other to avoid any penalties such as a bad discharge.Thank you for your understanding, I'm looking forward to hear from you.YACOUBA BAMBA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes I ta;k to my drill sergeant but he told me thatt I will get a bad discharge

3/19/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Hi attorney, my name is***** have signed a contract of 6 years with the Pennsylvania national guard. I'm a student, I live with my father and I support him. I have to go for basic training and AIT. I'm not interested to go at this period of time mainly due to school because I will have to miss one or more semesters which will lead me to fall behind. I would like to discuss with an attorney my situation to see what could be the consequences for me if I want to quit now and what others possibilities or choices I could have in other to avoid any penalties such as a bad discharge.

I am an attorney. I am happy to chat with you...

thank you and I'm also happy to discuss this issue with you too thank you
My name is***** have signed a contract of 6 years with the Pennsylvania national guard. I'm a student, I live with my father and I support him. I have to go for basic training and AIT. I'm not interested to go at this period of time mainly due to school because I will have to miss one or more semesters which will lead me to fall behind. I would like to discuss with an attorney my situation to see what could be the consequences for me if I want to quit now and what others possibilities or choices I could have in other to avoid any penalties such as a bad discharge.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

I can speak through the phone.

I sent the offer for the call for $5 additional...can you see it?

OK...its been some time....please respond here after you accept the call offer and I will provide my phone #

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I just accept the call offer
p>

Thank you for using the phone option. Please give a call (or let me know if you can not see my #)

you're welcome I saw your phone number