Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have been in ARNG for almost 15 years. I have a plea deal…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in ARNG for almost 15 years. I have a plea deal where I would receive 1 year probation on class B misdemeanor out of NY. Would have drug and m/h counseling mandated. Restraining order would be in place. This happened outside of my drill weekend. Will I be able to stay in ARNG?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

This will not be on a share page or anything correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NY lawyer about this yet?

My lawyer is on civilian side and has no idea how it would effect me military wise

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Used to work for state of Vermont, unsure if I can go back due to these allegations as well

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, does your commander know about this yet?