Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I was wondering if there was a minimum amount of time for…

Good morning, I was...

Good morning, I was wondering if there was a minimum amount of time for time during which a national guardsman was on active orders for those days activated to count toward active duty retirement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No

3/15/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you provide some context? I see the question

if there was a minimum amount of time for time during which a national guardsman was on active orders for those days activated to count toward active duty retirement.

But I do not understand the context...what is going on?

I'm trying to get my BASD adjusted, but the retention NCO my battalion's retention NCO is referring to (he's new) is insisting that if it wasn't for 14 consecutive days then time that i have orders for doesn't count toward the adjustment of my BASD. My issue is that none of the regulations i've looked in say anything about that. Would you happen to know the answer, and if the retention nco is right can you tell me which regulation i can find that in?

Thanks

The law is found here
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/12732

You get one point for every day of active duty service.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer