Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My son is in military, signed up for reserves then applied…

My son is in...

My son is in military, signed up for reserves then applied to work at office. He thinks they have tapped his phone in our home. They are taunting him with information discussed in our home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yes they told him he was crazy and let fellow soldiers know and taunted him throughout the day. He tried committing suicide Saturday and I cut the rope off of him.

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

My son did after talking to Cornell who Tod him he was crazy and Tod his fellow soldiers

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He thinks they are tapping my phone too.

This has been going on for several months. The past couple weeks the people at base have been repeating conversations to my son that we had at home. Letting him know their is no privacy for him. On Saturday (drill weekend) he brought his concerns to the Cornel who told him he was crazy, then the soldier s were telling him he needs is safe place, taunting him all day. He attempted suicide
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/15/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I would still wasn't a response on the if this is legal. What should be steps
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Would it help to speak on the phone?

My question is, Is it legal to tap conversations in my home? Then taunt my son at the office with this knowledge. Als o is Bullying in the military allowed.

Thank you

Bullying is NOT allowed in the military. In fact, Art 93, UCMJ, makes this a crime. And NO one can "tap" your phone unless they have a warrant from a judge, based on probable cause, to allow them to do so.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Do you know of a Jag lawyer for Ann arbor michigan area

I do not...but you can find one here:
https://www.avvo.com
Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

Thank you

:)