Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I want out of the army. I’m currently in AIT. So I’m

Customer Question
I want out of...

I want out of the army

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I’m currently in AIT. So I’m stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I’ve talked to my platoon Sgt and she isn’t a help. I barely see her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I feel miserable, I can’t get use to the army life. I can’t meet physical standards and I’m having trouble sleeping

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Military Law
3/14/2018
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

How do I get out of the army while I’m in AIT

That depends....what is your basis for leaving? They will not separate you simply for asking...there must be a basis...

I can’t sleep. I’m stressed out and depressed. I can’t cope with the military life.

Can you tell me, have you presented to medical regarding this issue (depression/sleep loss)? If so what was the response?

No I have not because I don’t want to get in trouble for missing school. Should I go to medical?

A few mins please...I have some thoughts and will type them up

Firs, and foremost, there is NO easy way out. By design. The Army spent a LOT of money to get you to and through bootcamp. The last thing they want is for you to walk....so you can not just say "I want to leave" and they let you.

And there is no "loophole"

Period.

That said, IF you have a medical condition that limits your ability to perform your duties? That can be a basis to separate. I would head to medical and let them know what is up...if you have depression, that could be a basis to have them separate you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil