Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

As a contractor working for DoD do I have to answer

As a contractor working...

As a contractor working for DoD do I have to answer questions for a Commanders Informal Inquiry? I am not the subject of the inquiry

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

Overseas and the investigating officer is stateside

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No this person is not in my chain of command where I work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

3/12/2018
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Unless your contract requires this (and that would not be common) you have no obligation to speak to anyone about this matter.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Welcome. Please take the time to accept the answer, I would truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not see the answer?? I prefer not to do a phone call at this time.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I refreshed thank you very much, that is what I thought based on what I have read.

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer